Lets user create a customized home screen on the device
Apex Launcher is an app that allows Android users to completely customize the homes screens on their phones and tablets. This app was specifically developed to be used on Android devices that run Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
Apex Launcher could be very useful, particularly for those who appreciate having the option of personalizing the appearance of their devices' home screens. The app offers a total of nine completely customizable options for changing up the look of the home screen. Users can choose just one of these options that they especially like or rotate between the different options for a change of pace. The app also includes a dock that can hold up to seven icons and the ability to add transition affects that appear when the user moves from one screen to the next.
Apex Launcher also includes features such as the ability to organize the device's app in specific folders based on the category, name, or size of the app. Even the gestures used to control the device can be customized using this app.
If you appreciate having choices when it comes to the look and function of your Android phones and tablets, then you should give Apex Launcher a try. While there may be more popular apps of this type on the market, this one is more than adequate in regards to its functionality and available options.
- Personalize the appearance of a device's home screen.
- Add transition effects between screens.
- Organize apps into folders.
- Use of this app can impede the notifications being received from certain apps.
* Show search as overlay
* Expand notifications and quick settings through accessibility service (TouchWiz on Lollipop)
* Other improvements and bug fixes
* Added Catalan, Estonian, and Persian translations
* Updated translations
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BIND_APPWIDGET: Allows an application to tell the AppWidget service which application can access AppWidget's data. The normal user flow is that a user picks an AppWidget to go into a particular host, thereby giving that host application access to the private data from the AppWidget app. An application that has this permission should honor that contract.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- EXPAND_STATUS_BAR: Allows an application to expand or collapse the status bar.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- SET_WALLPAPER: Allows applications to set the wallpaper.
- SET_WALLPAPER_HINTS: Allows applications to set the wallpaper hints.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.